Have You Been Seriously Injured by a Distracted Driver?
The Goss Law Firm — Your Kansas City Personal Injury Attorneys
Taking your eyes off the road for a second can change a person’s life forever. With cell phone use at an all-time high, distracted driving is becoming a major national issue, leading to more than 400,000 injuries and 3,000 deaths each year.
We Are Here to Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a distracted driving accident that wasn’t your fault, it’s important to protect your rights. The experienced attorneys at the Goss Law Firm are here to help you obtain a fair settlement to ensure you receive the benefits you need to cover medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering after a distracted driving accident.
We understand how traumatic a car accident with a distracted driver can be, and we are dedicated to helping you during this difficult time. Nothing is more fulfilling than helping people like you who have been injured to get your life back and the justice you deserve.
Missouri Distracted Driving Law
Missouri is currently one of three states with a law prohibiting texting while driving. Under existing law, Missouri only bans texting while driving for those 21-years-old and younger.
Distracted Driving Statistics
According to Arrive Alive, a group which advocates for improved traffic safety in Missouri, distracted driving is a significant problem in the state:
- 14% of crashes between 2015-2017 involved distractions
- 50% of teen drivers admit to texting while they are driving
- Texting takes drivers’ eyes off the road for nearly five seconds
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Each day in the United States at least 9 people are killed due to distracted driving.
- Approximately 660,000 drivers use some form of mobile electronic device while driving every day.
- Taking your eyes off the road for at least 5 seconds when driving at 55 mph is equivalent to driving the length of a football field with your eyes closed.
Causes of Distracted Driving
- Using a cell phone (sending a text message, scrolling through social media, etc.)
- Talking on a cell phone
- Speaking to passengers
- Adjusting a GPS or music controls
- Eating while driving
- Not paying attention to the road, being lost in thought
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, the Goss Law Firm is ready to help. Contact our office today at 816-888-5000 to schedule a free, no-risk legal consultation.
Timing is important. Give us a call today. We are here for you, and want to listen to your story and help you determine what the best course of action is during this difficult time.
We Stand for You
Until it happens to you, you never understand the pressures and pains that come in the aftermath of a distracted driving accident. At the Goss Law Firm, we have seen those devastating effects firsthand. This knowledge fuels our compassion—and strengthens our resolve to guide victims and their families through difficult times.
Free consultation: Call or complete the contact form below to learn more about how we can help.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, let the Goss Law Firm explain your rights and legal options. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule your free consultation.
The Goss Law Firm — Your Kansas City Car Accident Attorneys