Our Lee’s Summit car accident lawyers are here to help you get back on your feet.
In the event of a car accident that has left you with serious injuries, our Lee’s Summit car collision attorneys are available to assist you in moving forward. You can contact us for a complimentary consultation by calling our office at (816) 888-5000 or completing the form below.
Experiencing shock, overwhelming stress, and uncertainty following a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence are normal and to be expected. This turmoil can upend your life and place your livelihood at risk. Thankfully, The Goss Law Firm’s car accident attorneys are here to guide you during this challenging period, ensuring you’re not alone in this extremely difficult time.
The Top Three Reasons for Consulting a Lee’s Summit Car Accident Attorney
- Insurance Companies Aim for Minimal Payouts. Most people assume that being insured means their insurance provider will assist them in the event of an accident. Regrettably, insurance companies prioritize their profits by minimizing payouts. So it’s easy to fall into the trap of trusting the insurance company when you’re overwhelmed after an accident and accepting a meager settlement offer to move on. It’s crucial to remember that, after a catastrophic accident, your future heavily depends on the compensation you receive. If the offer falls short, you may struggle to afford the necessary medical treatments for your recovery, jeopardizing your health and potentially leading to financial hardships for you and your family. Insurance companies capitalize on your lack of knowledge about the claims process and your rights. They have legal teams safeguarding their interests. Therefore, having skilled Lee’s Summit car accidentlawyers on your side is a wise choice. Your car collision attorney can safeguard your rights and secure the full compensation you rightfully deserve.
- Thorough Evaluation of Medical Costs and Losses Is Crucial. Following a significant car collision, medical expenses will mount for essential treatments, and you may need to take time off work to focus on your recovery. However, when the insurance company offers a settlement, you might not be aware of the full extent of your injuries. Your injuries could be severe, necessitating long-term care. A skilled Lee’s Summit car collision lawyer from The Goss Law Firm can comprehensively assess your case, calculating the compensation required for medical care, lost wages, and potential long-term consequences of your injuries. Additionally, your attorney can handle all aspects of your claim, including filing essential paperwork, gathering medical records, and negotiating with insurance companies and their legal teams on your behalf. If negotiations with the insurance companies reach a stalemate, an experienced car collision attorney can provide robust legal representation in court, striving to secure a just settlement. They can prepare compelling opening and closing arguments and substantial evidence to increase your chances of winning your case.
- Time Is of the Essence. It’s easy to assume that you can seek legal advice about your car accident at any time, but there’s a time limit. In Missouri, you have a five-year window from the date of the accident to contact an attorney. Once that period passes, you forfeit the opportunity to file a claim. Following an accident, amidst the chaos of healing and daily life, those years can slip away faster than you anticipate. That’s why taking swift action is essential to pursue justice. In the future, you don’t want to look back at grappling with exorbitant medical bills and financial and emotional distress, knowing you missed the chance for fair compensation. Whether you had faith in your insurance company, didn’t consider hiring a lawyer, or simply waited too long, you don’t want to miss out on financial security as you recover.
You Need A Compassionate Lee’s Summit Car Accident Lawyer Who Is Ready to Help
At The Goss Law Firm, our car accident attorneys have a strong track record of safeguarding the rights and securing fair compensation for individuals in situations like yours who have faced the aftermath of an automobile accident. Allow our seasoned lawyers to manage every aspect of your case, freeing you to concentrate on your recovery.
Although it might seem like your insurance company is your advocate, it’s essential to understand that insurance companies prioritize their own interests. As profit-driven entities, their primary objective is to maximize earnings, and they might push you into a settlement that falls significantly short of the true value of your claim.
You bear no responsibility for the accident and cannot afford to accept a subpar settlement that would leave you struggling to cover essential and costly medical bills and lost wages. At The Goss Law Firm, we stand firmly by your side. We understand your challenges and are dedicated to shepherding you through the entire process, working tirelessly to secure the benefits and justice you rightfully deserve.
Do not allow yourself or your loved ones to be further victimized by an insurance company following a car accident. The highly skilled and seasoned car accident attorneys in Lee’s Summit at the Goss Law Firm possess the expertise to handle even the most intricate car accident claims and are committed to defending your rights.
The Goss Law Firm is prepared to lend a hand if you’ve sustained injuries in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness. Reach out to us today at 816-888-5000 to arrange a complimentary legal consultation. Our fees are contingent on your compensation; we only get paid when you do.
Time is of the essence after a car accident. Reach out to us promptly, engage in a conversation with an experienced car accident lawyer regarding your situation, and learn how we can be of assistance. We are here to support you, hear your story, and assist you during this challenging period.
Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents
- Fatigued or Impaired Driving
- Rushing to Beat the Yellow Light
- Inclement Weather Conditions
- Distracted Driving
Common Delayed Symptoms of Car Accident Injuries
- Neck & Shoulder Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Back Pain
- Behavioral Changes
Common Mistakes After a Car Accident
- Not calling the police. It is imperative to contact the police at the accident site to file an official police report, even if you believe it may not be necessary. This report contains vital information about the accident and proves crucial if you need to file a lawsuit.
- Signing any forms from the insurance company without speaking with a car accident lawyer. Regrettably, the insurance representative representing the other party’s interests is primarily focused on boosting their profits and may attempt to trick you into accepting an upfront settlement that seems generous at the moment but is insufficient to cover you. Once you sign such an agreement, you’ll be unable to obtain additional compensation that adequately covers your expenses.
- Skipping medical attention. Even if you feel fine, seeking medical attention within 72 hours of an accident is advisable. Remember that symptoms may not manifest immediately; documenting your injuries is pivotal evidence.
- Handling the claim by yourself. While you might believe that you can manage the situation without legal representation, an adept car accident lawyer will vigorously advocate for your rights and interests. At The Goss Law Firm, we will confront the insurance company on your behalf and secure the fair compensation that you both require and deserve.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
Following a car collision, it’s normal to experience feelings of fear or being overwhelmed. However, you must stay calm and prioritize your safety at the scene. Unless your vehicle is in the way of traffic, avoid moving it. Before stepping out of your vehicle, ensure it’s safe by checking for oncoming traffic, and then proceed to contact the authorities. If possible, utilize your phone to capture images of the accident scene. If there are any witnesses, consider collecting their contact details.
- Seek a medical evaluation since symptoms can manifest later. You must seek medical treatment immediately after an accident, even if you feel fine. In addition, diligently follow your physician’s recommended treatment plan. Even more severe medical issues from your accident could arise later, so it’s crucial that you stay on top of your medical care.
- File a police report. In the event of an accident, you must promptly submit a police report, ideally at the accident scene. These reports serve as comprehensive documentation of the accident, holding significance in potentially bolstering your claim for damages. The police report includes the driver’s contact information, insurance details, and a comprehensive accident overview.
- When should I file a report with the police? In the event of an accident, you must promptly submit a police report, ideally at the accident scene. These reports serve as comprehensive documentation of the accident, holding significance in potentially bolstering your claim for damages. The police report includes the driver’s contact information, insurance details, and a comprehensive accident overview.
- File a claim as soon as possible. Missouri’s statute of limitations for personal injury or property damage claims related to car accidents spans five years. A skilled attorney will guide you through every stage of your case, ensuring rightful compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost income.
- Don’t accept the first offer from the insurance company. No two car accident cases are the same, but the costs linked to car accidents can be substantial. On average, property damage expenses stemming from such incidents hover around $7,500. For injuries, the range spans approximately $61,600 to as high as $1,130,000 in the case of fatal injuries. Engaging a knowledgeable car accident attorney becomes essential to secure rightful compensation.
Missouri Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents in Missouri have increased by 12% from 2019 to 2020, despite less traffic. 67% of those victims were not wearing a seatbelt and could be alive today. Do your part to make Missouri safe. Don’t speed, don’t drink and drive, and don’t drive distracted. Most of all, make sure to always wear a seatbelt. It could save your life.
Where Do Most Car Accidents Occur In Lee’s Summit, Missouri?
According to the Kansas City Police Department 2021 Traffic Summary Report, the following areas are the top five that experience the highest car accident rates:
- Bannister Road and I-435, cause: Rear end / Inattention
- I-470 and Blue Ridge Boulevard, cause: Rear end / Inattention
- I-435 and Holmes Road, cause: Lane Merging
- I-70 and I-435, cause: Rear end / Inattention
- 75th Street and Bruce Watkins Drive, cause: Rear end / Inattention
Distracted Driving Know the Risks
- GPS systems contribute to over 200,000 accidents annually.
- Close to 390,000 car accident injuries result directly from cell phone use every year.
- In the last five years, 61% of fatal crashes were attributed to drivers who were distracted, either lost in thought or daydreaming.
- Eating or drinking while driving elevates the risk of a car accident by 80%.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Are On Your Side
The pain and immense pressure following a significant car accident are beyond comprehension until you experience them personally. The Goss Law Firm has witnessed the devastating impact of a car accident firsthand. This motivates us to help victims and their loved ones by providing the highest-quality legal representation and expertise.
If you or someone you care about has suffered injuries in a car accident due to the negligence or recklessness of others, speak with the experienced car accident attorneys at The Goss Law Firm for free. Contact us today at 816-888-5000 for a free consultation.