Have You Been Seriously Injured in a Tractor Trailer Accident? Talk with a Kansas City Truck Accident Lawyer For Free.
Commercial vehicle accidents can be more complex, a Truck Accident Lawyer can help you get the care and financial support you need to recover. Due to their sheer size, tractor-trailer accidents can result in extremely serious injuries and, unfortunately, fatalities. In addition to the devastation that these accidents can cause, making a claim to obtain benefits is highly complicated, and requires a professional to ensure you and your family receive the fair settlement you deserve.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
At the Goss Law Firm, we understand how downright tragic tractor trailer accidents can be, and it’s vital to get the best medical care to treat your serious injuries. You may think you have nowhere to turn, but our Truck Accident Lawyers are here for you. You have enough stress to deal with, and our experienced truck accident attorneys will listen to your story and show you how we will work to obtain the benefits you deserve to help you move forward with your life.
The Goss Law Firm works closely with qualified experts to investigate and reconstruct accidents, determine fault and hold those responsible fully accountable. In many cases, you can file a lawsuit against the trucking company and recover more damages. We are ready to go up against large trucking companies to stand up for you.
Tractor Trailer Accident Statistics
- More than 4,000 people die in accidents with tractor-trailers each year
- Every 16 minutes, a person is killed in an accident with a tractor-trailer in the United States.
- Every year, there are approximately 500,000 tractor-trailer accidents
- 98% of fatalities in truck accidents befall occupants of smaller vehicles
- 27% of all truckers in collisions have received previous speeding charges
- Mechanical defects contribute to many tractor-trailer accidents in the U.S.
Common Causes of Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Size: Tractor-trailers weigh up to 30x more than cars. Therefore, a crash with a tractor-trailer will cause significant damage to a car and its occupants.
- Longer Breaking Distance Required: Tractor trailers that are full of cargo need 20-40X more of a braking distance to stop than cars.
- Blind Spots: Tractor trailers have many blind spots where they cannot see other vehicles.
- Driver Fatigue: Driver fatigue is a major issue as tractor-trailer drivers are allowed to drive for up to 11 hours straight.
Why You Need A Truck Accident Lawyer to Fight For You
Car insurance companies can be very difficult to deal with and may not have your best interest in mind. A Truck Accident Attorney helps you obtain the full scope of compensation for your accident to help you recover:
- Lost Wages
- Medical Expenses
- Disability and permanent impairement
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Vehicle or property repairs
Hiring a truck accident lawyer is the best way to protect your rights and challenge the insurance company to give you the compensation you need to get your life back on track. We stand with our clients who have been injured by commercial tractor-trailers and work hard to get them the maximum settlement.
Crash Statistics for Commercial Truck Accidents
The Missouri DOT has released a statistics report on common crash factors below:
- In 2022 there were 2,456 general liability claims, a 60% increase over 2021.
- The most common characteristic of fatal crashes has been determined to be aggressive driving.
- In 2021, there were 156 fatalities involving commercial motor vehicles.
- There has been a steady increase in fatalities over the last five years
According to the Missouri DOT, the most common characteristic of fatal crashes is aggressive driving, by about 25%. The total number of fatalities involving commercial vehicles
If you have been injured in an accident with a tractor-trailer that wasn’t your fault, the Goss Law Firm is ready to help. Contact our office today at 816-888-5000 to schedule a free, no-risk legal consultation.
After a tractor-trailer accident, timing is important, which is why you should call us immediately after an accident. Give us a call today. We are here for you, and want to listen to your story and help you determine what the best course of action is during this difficult time.
Should I call the police after my truck accident?
Yes. You must always call the police after a truck accident to obtain an official accident report documenting exactly what happened. Police reports are critical evidence in your truck accident claim.
Should I move my vehicle after my truck accident?
Unless your vehicle is blocking traffic, you must leave it exactly where it is after an accident. If you or the truck driver need to move your vehicles for safety reasons, take photos and videos of the accident scene beforehand for evidence.
What information should I get from the truck driver?
Make sure you receive the following information from the truck driver in your accident:
- Driver’s Name
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Driver’s License Number
- Insurance Company
- Insurance Policy Number
- Name of trucking company the driver works for, if applicable
- Trucking Company Address
- Trucking Company Phone Number
Who will pay for my truck accident?
It depends on the circumstances of your accident. Typically, truck accident compensation could come from any of the following:
- The truck driver’s insurance carrier
- The trucking company that employs the truck driver
- The truck manufacturer (if there is a defect with the truck)
- The company that loaded the truck (if it was loaded improperly)
- Another company (many businesses may be involved in a truck accident)
Should I accept a settlement offer for my truck accident?
You should only agree to accept money for your truck accident after consulting with an experienced Missouri truck accident attorney first. Even if a settlement seems like a lot of money, it may not come close to covering the actual cost of your crash. In addition, accepting the first settlement offer for your accident may also forfeit your right to ask for more money in the future.
What can a truck accident lawyer do for me?
A truck accident attorney will manage your case and ensure that your rights are protected as you receive the full scope of the compensation you need. Recovering from a truck accident is enough of a burden. Factor in lost wages, the complicated insurance claims process, and other legal proceedings, and it could quickly become a losing battle. However, with a reputable and compassionate truck accident attorney in your corner, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
We Stand for You
Until it happens to you, you never understand the pressures and pains that come in the aftermath of a tractor trailer accident At The Goss Law Firm, we have seen those devastating effects firsthand. This knowledge fuels our compassion—and strengthens our resolve to guide victims and their families through difficult times.
Free consultation: Call or complete the contact form below to learn more about how we can help.
If you or someone you love have suffered a serious injury due to a tractor trailer accident, let The Goss Law Firm explain your rights and legal options. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule your free consultation.
The Goss Law Firm — Your Kansas City Truck Accident Attorneys