Did you suffer an injury in a car accident that wasn’t your fault? Our Kansas City Car Accident Attorneys are here to help.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries and losses in a car accident, our Kansas City car accident lawyers are well-versed in vehicle accidents and are here to make things right. Talk with us for free by calling us at (816) 888-5000 or filling out the form below.
Experiencing a car accident that wasn’t your fault can leave you shocked, overwhelmed, and worried about your personal well-being. Your entire life has been changed in just a few seconds, and it’s easy to feel helpless and defeated. Suddenly, you are hit with medical bills and missed time from work, all the while you recover from your injuries. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this alone, and our compassionate Kansas City personal injury attorneys at The Goss Law Firm are here for you.
How a Skilled Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you’ve been in a car accident, hiring a Kansas City car accident attorney is crucial to protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve. An experienced attorney can navigate complex personal injury cases, deal with insurance companies on your behalf, and ensure that you receive fair and just compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
An injury lawyer has the expertise to assess the full extent of your damages, negotiate effectively with your insurance company, and, if needed, represent you in court. Having our dedicated Kansas City personal injury advocates by your side removes the burden of insurance claims and legal matters from you and ensures that you can focus on recovery.
Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers With a Track Record of Results
At The Goss Law Firm, our team of Kansas City car accident injury lawyers has assisted numerous people in situations similar to yours and their families, safeguarding their rights and securing the rightful compensation following injury in a significant car accident. Our seasoned attorneys will handle your insurance claim from start to finish, letting you focus on your recovery.
While you might consider handling negotiations with insurance companies independently, it’s crucial to recognize that these companies prioritize profit over the interests of injured accident victims. Their aim is often to quickly settle with victims, offering considerably less than the true value of a claim. Given that the accident was not your fault, risking an inadequate settlement could jeopardize your ability to cover essential medical expenses and compensate for lost work time, as well as secure long-term care for a disability resulting from the accident.
At The Goss Law Firm, our personal injury attorneys understand your challenges and will guide you throughout the process, tirelessly working to secure the maximum compensation you may be entitled to by law in Kansas City. Our experienced and knowledgeable Kansas City car accident attorneys at The Goss Law Firm are ready to protect and defend your rights so you can put your injury behind you. Speak with us for free today.
Don’t Wait, Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Today.
After suffering an injury in a car accident, timing is everything. Call us today, speak with an experienced Kansas City attorney about your situation, and learn how we can help. We are here for you and want to listen to your story and help you navigate this difficult time.
If you have been injured in a car accident through the carelessness or negligence of others, the Goss Law Firm is ready to help. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule a free, no-risk legal consultation.
Missouri Car Accident Statistics: An Overview
- Missouri has one of the highest per-capita traffic fatality rates in the nation. In 2022, there were almost 14.4 fatalities per 100,000 people in Missouri. This exceeds the national average of 11.2 deaths per 100,000 people.
- According to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, collisions in Missouri caused by distracted driving accounted for nearly 20% of all collisions in the preceding year.
- Speeding is a factor in about one-third of all car accidents in Missouri. Many accidents resulting in injury are also caused by irresponsible driving, including tailgating, failure to yield, and improperly changing lanes.
What Not to Do After a Car Accident: Common Mistakes
- Don’t avoid calling the police. Even if you think it’s unnecessary, always call the police at the accident scene to file an official police report. The report contains important details about the accident and is critical if you need to take legal action.
- Don’t sign anything from the insurance adjuster. The adjuster for the other driver only wants to increase their profits and will try to trick you into accepting a low settlement upfront. This will not cover your expenses; you cannot receive more once you sign it.
- Don’t skip medical treatment. Even if you think you’re okay, you should see a doctor within 72 hours of an accident. Remember that symptoms may take days; documenting your injuries is vital for evidence.
- Don’t handle your claim alone. You may think you don’t need a lawyer, but an experienced personal injury attorney will protect your rights and fight for the compensation you’re entitled to by law.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do immediately after a car accident in Kansas City?
After a car accident, prioritize your safety and the safety of others involved. Call 911, seek medical attention, and exchange information with the other parties. Report the accident to the police and document the scene with videos and photos if possible. Finally, contact our office for legal guidance.
When should I contact a car accident attorney?
It is in your best interest to contact an attorney as soon as possible after your accident. The earlier you seek legal help, the better we can guide you through the process, handle communication with insurance companies, and ensure that your rights are protected.
How do I know if I have a valid personal injury claim after a car accident?
You may have a personal injury claim if you’ve suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence in a car accident. Examples of negligence include reckless driving, distracted driving, or failure to follow traffic laws. Contact us for a free consultation to assess the specifics of your case.
What damages can I recover in a car accident claim?
You may be eligible to recover various damages, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and sometimes punitive damages. The specific damages depend on the circumstances of your case.
How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit in Missouri?
Missouri’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit, including car accidents, is generally five years. However, promptly acting is crucial, as evidence and witnesses may become harder to track.
Can I go to court for a car accident case or settle it out of court?
Many car accident cases are resolved through settlements without going to court. We strive to negotiate fair settlements for our clients. However, we are prepared to pursue your case in court if a fair agreement cannot be reached.
How much does hiring a car accident attorney in Kansas City cost?
We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if we secure a settlement or win your case in court. Our initial consultation is free, allowing you to discuss your case without any financial obligation.
What sets your car accident legal team apart in Kansas City?
Our experienced team understands the local laws and judges of Kansas City and has a proven track record of success. We will give your case personalized attention, maintain clear communication, and provide steadfast representation in court if necessary for each client.
How can I schedule a free consultation with your car accident attorney in Kansas City?
To schedule a free consultation, you can fill out the contact form on our website, call our office at 816-888-5000, or submit a contact form on our website. We are here to assist you and provide the legal support you need.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident Occurs
If you’re involved in a car accident in Kansas City, Missouri, following specific steps is essential to ensure your safety and security. This includes:
Ensuring safety. Move to a safe location, turn on hazard lights, check for injuries, and call 911 for medical assistance if needed.
Exchanging information. Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance policy numbers, and vehicle registration details with the other party involved. Also, obtain contact information from any witnesses.
Documenting the scene. Take photos of your view of the accident scene, including vehicle damage and any relevant road signs or signals. Note the time, date, and location of the accident.
Filing a police report. In Missouri, you must report an accident to law enforcement if injuries, fatalities, or property damage exceed $500. If the police respond, get the officers’ names and badge numbers.
Notifying your insurance company. Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Provide them with the necessary information and cooperate with their investigation.
Seeking medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are seriously injured, seeking medical attention is a good idea. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
Following up. Record all communication with insurance companies, including claim numbers and the same of your adjuster. Follow up with the police for a copy of the accident report.
Consulting with a reputable Kansas City attorney. Consider consulting with an attorney to understand your rights and options if your case has disputes or complications.
Picking The Right Car Accident Lawyer For Your Case
Finding the right Kansas City car accident lawyer for your case is crucial for obtaining the best possible outcome. Here are seven tips to help you in your search:
- Experience in personal injury law. Look for an attorney with significant experience in personal injury law, primarily focusing on car accident cases. Experience in this area indicates a deep understanding of relevant laws, insurance processes, and effective legal strategies.
- Reputation and reviews. Research the lawyer’s reputation by checking online reviews, testimonials, and feedback from previous clients. You can also inquire within your community or legal circles for recommendations.
- Track record of success. Assess the lawyer’s track record of success in handling car accident cases. A history of successful settlements or verdicts demonstrates their ability to advocate effectively for their clients.
- Specialization. While a general practice attorney may be competent, a lawyer specializing in personal injury or car accident cases may have more in-depth knowledge and expertise in this area of law.
- Trial experience. While many cases are settled outside of court, having a lawyer with trial experience can be beneficial. Their willingness and ability to take your case to trial if necessary can influence the outcome and settlement negotiations.
- Local knowledge. A lawyer knowledgeable of the local legal landscape, including specific laws and procedures in your area, can make all the difference.
Free initial consultation. Use this opportunity to discuss your case, assess the lawyer’s understanding of your situation, and determine if you feel comfortable working with them.
Why The Goss Law Firm?
Selecting the right legal representation can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. At The Goss Law Firm, we understand the challenges and uncertainties that follow a car accident. Here’s why you should trust our knowledgeable and compassionate team with your car accident claim.
- Extensive Knowledge and Expertise
Our dedicated team of car accident lawyers in Kansas City brings years of experience and a deep understanding of Missouri’s legal landscape. We specialize in navigating the ins and outs of personal injury law, ensuring that you receive the best possible legal guidance and representation.
- Local Focus, Local Advantage
As a law firm based in Kansas City, we have a specific understanding of the local community, including traffic patterns, legal precedents, and the unique challenges that accident victims face in the area. This local focus gives us a strategic advantage in building a compelling case tailored to the specifics of Kansas City.
- Proven Track Record of Success
The Goss Law Firm has a history of securing the maximum compensation our clients are entitled to by law. In addition, we have successfully negotiated settlements and litigated cases, obtaining crucial coverage for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our track record speaks to our commitment to achieving the best results for those we represent.
- Compassionate Client-Centered Approach
We understand that no two car accidents are the same, and each client has individual needs. Our team takes a compassionate and client-centered approach, prioritizing your well-being and peace of mind throughout the legal process. We are here to listen, support, and guide you with the empathy and understanding that you deserve.
- Clear Communication and Transparency
We believe that communication is key to a successful attorney-client relationship. At The Goss Law Firm, we are committed to maintaining clear and open lines of communication. We keep you informed at every stage of your case, explaining the legal process and ensuring you are empowered to make informed decisions.
- No Fee Unless We Win
We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us unless we secure a settlement or win your case in court. This ensures that you can access high-quality legal representation without financial barriers, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
- Personalized Attention to Your Case
Unlike larger firms that may treat clients as numbers, we provide personalized attention to each case. Your concerns are our concerns, and we treat each case like we would our own. You can rest assured that we will be right by your side every step of the way as we navigate your car accident claim.
- Accessible and Responsive
We understand that legal matters can be time-sensitive. That’s why we work hard to make our team accessible and responsive, promptly addressing your questions and concerns. Whether through phone calls, emails, or in-person consultations, we are here to provide the support and information you require.
Choosing The Goss Law Firm means choosing a legal team that combines knowledge, experience, compassion, and a commitment to achieving the best possible outcome for your car accident case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step towards securing the justice and compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Severe Car Accidents
Several factors can contribute to a severe car accident case in Kansas City, often involving a combination of two or more. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving. Activities such as texting, looking at a map, eating or drinking, or applying makeup can divert attention from the road and contribute to accidents.
- Speeding. Going at speeds higher than the posted limits or too fast for road conditions reduces reaction time and increases the severity of accidents.
- Drunk driving. Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, leading to a higher likelihood of severe accidents as well as criminal charges.
- Recklessness. Aggressive behaviors like tailgating, frequent lane changes, and ignoring traffic signs contribute to accidents with severe consequences.
- Weather conditions. Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, or fog can make roads slippery and reduce visibility, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Fatigue. Drowsiness impairs a driver’s ability to focus and react quickly, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Running red lights or stop signs. Disregarding traffic signals or signs can result in intersection accidents, often with severe consequences.
- Poor road conditions. Potholes, uneven surfaces, and inadequate signage contribute to accidents, especially if motorists are not adequately prepared for such situations.
- Vehicle defects. Mechanical failures, such as brake malfunctions or tire blowouts, can lead to loss of control and severe accidents.
- Inexperienced drivers. Lack of experience or inadequate training can contribute to poor decision-making and an increased risk of accidents, especially among younger drivers.
- Failure to yield the right of way. Accidents often occur when drivers fail to yield as required, particularly when merging onto highways or making left turns.
Addressing these factors can help mitigate the risk of injuries in severe collisions in Kansas City. People on the road need to stay vigilant, follow traffic laws, and prioritize safety on the road.
The Role of Drugs and Alcohol in Collisions
The role of drugs and alcohol in car crashes is significant, as the impairment caused by substance use can lead to severe consequences on the road. The impact of drugs and alcohol on a car accident case includes:
- Impaired judgment and coordination. Both drugs and alcohol can impair a driver’s judgment, coordination, and reaction time. This increases the likelihood of making poor decisions and reduces the ability to respond quickly to changing road conditions.
- Contributing factor in fatalities. Alcohol and drug-related accidents are often associated with more severe outcomes, including deaths. The impairment can lead to more violent collisions, and impaired individuals may be less likely to take evasive action to avoid an accident.
- Legal consequences. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a severe offense with legal consequences. Offenders may face criminal charges, fines, license suspension, and potential imprisonment. These legal consequences are in place to deter individuals from engaging in impaired driving.
- Testing and detection. Law enforcement officers use various methods to detect drug and alcohol impairment. Breathalyzer tests measure blood alcohol concentration (BAC), while drug recognition experts may assess physical symptoms and behaviors indicative of drug use.
- It can be prevented. One crucial aspect of alcohol and drug-related accidents is that they are largely preventable. Public awareness campaigns, strict law enforcement, and education about the dangers of impaired driving can help reduce the incidence of such accidents.
It is crucial for people in Kansas City to make responsible choices by refraining from getting behind the wheel while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Additionally, communities and authorities play a crucial role in enforcing and promoting measures to deter impaired driving, ultimately working toward reducing the occurrence of drug and alcohol-related car accidents.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Are Here For You
You can never entirely understand the distress and immense pressure that come in the aftermath of a severe car accident until it happens to you. At The Goss Law Firm, our Missouri car accident lawyers have seen those devastating effects firsthand. The effects last far longer than the initial impact, from the destruction of motorcycle accidents to the legal complexities of a truck accident. This knowledge fuels our compassion—and strengthens our resolve to guide victims and their families through difficult times.
Our Kansas City Car Accident Attorneys Stand for You
The Goss Law Firm — Your Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love were injured in a car accident caused by the negligence or carelessness of others, let The Goss Law Firm injury attorneys explain your rights and legal options for your case. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule your free consultation.