Have you been the victim of an accident and need an experienced team of car accident lawyers in Kansas City, Missouri?
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a car accident, our Kansas City car accident lawyers can help you move on with your life. Talk with us for free by calling us at (816) 888-5000 or filling out the form below.
After being injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you may feel shocked, overwhelmed and worried about what to do next. As a result, your entire life has been changed in just a few seconds. Now you don’t know how you can afford medical bills and missed time from work while you recover from your injuries. If you would like to read more, check out our articles on car accidents and car accident attorneys. You don’t have to go through this alone.
Top 3 Reasons to Contact Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
- The Insurance Companies Pay as Little As Possible. In general, Most people think that having an insurance policy means the insurance company will be there to help you when an accident happens. Unfortunately, insurance companies are focused on maximizing their profits, by paying you as little as possible. You’re overwhelmed and won’t know exactly what you deserve after the chaos of the accident. As a result, it can be easy to trust the insurance company and accept a low settlement on your claim so you can move past the accident.
However, what’s important to remember is that after a serious accident, your entire future depends on how much you receive. If an offer is too low, you likely won’t have enough to cover the proper medical treatments you need to heal, putting your health in jeopardy. As a result, you and your family could face financial hardships that are extremely difficult to climb out of.
Therefore, when it comes to assessing the true extent of damages, the insurance company is banking on your lack of understanding of the process and your rights. Insurance companies have teams of lawyers protecting their interests. For that reason, it’s always a good idea to have experienced Kansas City car accident lawyers on your side. Your car accident attorney can protect your rights and get you the full compensation you deserve.
- You Need a Thorough Evaluation of Losses and Treatment Costs. After a serious car accident, you will have expensive medical bills for necessary treatments, and will likely be forced to take time off from work to focus on healing. Your injuries are serious, and may require long-term care. But you may not even know the full extent of your injuries by the time the insurance company presents you with a settlement offer.
Most importantly, a skilled Kansas City car accident lawyer from The Goss Law Firm can thoroughly investigate your claim, and evaluate how much compensation you will need for your medical care, lost time from work and potential long-term effects from your injuries. In addition to determining the extent of your injuries, your lawyer can handle all aspects of your claim, including filing important paperwork, collecting medical records and dealing with the insurance companies and their team of lawyers on your behalf.
However, if the insurance companies cannot come to an agreement about your compensation, an experienced car accident attorney can provide strong legal representation in court to help you obtain a fair settlement. He or she can prepare compelling opening and closing statements and evidence to help you win your case.
- Time Isn’t On Your Side. Naturally, you may think you can seek legal advice about your car accident at any time, but there is a limit. In Missouri, you have five years since the car accident happened to contact an attorney. After that, you no longer have the opportunity to make a claim. After the chaos of an accident, with time spent healing and life getting in the way, those years can fly by faster than you think. That’s why it’s important to take action as soon as possible to get justice.
Therefore, you don’t want to look back years later, struggling with expensive medical bills and financial and emotional stress, knowing you missed your chance for fair compensation. Maybe you trusted the insurance company or didn’t even think about hiring a lawyer. Or maybe you meant to call and it never happened. Think of this as an important warning so that you know what to do to protect your rights and your future.
Send us a message
Tell us about your case and receive a free case evaluation. No obligation or commitments.
Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
At The Goss Law Firm, our car accident lawyers have helped many people just like you protect their rights and obtain the benefits they deserve to after a serious car accident. Let our experienced attorneys bear your burdens, letting you focus on moving forward with your life.
You may think that you can work with the insurance companies on your own to receive the benefits you deserve, but it’s important to know that insurance companies do not put the interests of injured accident victims first. As for-profit businesses, their primary goal is to earn money, and they will try to settle with an accident victim quickly, paying far less money than a claim is worth.
The accident wasn’t your fault, and you can’t risk not receiving a fair claim, leaving you unable to pay for necessary medical bills and missed time from work.
The Goss Law firm is here for you. We know what you are going through, and will help guide you through the entire process and work tirelessly to obtain the benefits and justice you deserve.
Do not let you or your loved ones be taken advantage of after a car accident. The experienced and knowledgeable Kansas City car accident attorneys at the Goss Law Firm understand complex car accident claims and are dedicated to helping protect your rights.
If you have been injured in a car accident through the carelessness or negligence of others, the Goss Law Firm is ready to help. Give us a call today at 816-888-5000 to schedule a free, no-risk legal consultation.
After a car accident, timing is everything. Give us a call today, and speak with an experienced attorney about your situation, and learn how we can help. We are here for you and want to listen to your story and help you determine what the best course of action is during this difficult time.
Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents
- Fatigued or Impaired Driving
- Rushing to Beat the Yellow Light
- Inclement Weather Conditions
- Distracted Driving
Common Delayed Symptoms of Car Accident Injuries
- Neck & Shoulder Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Back Pain
- Behavioral Changes
What Not to Do After a Car Accident
- Don’t Avoid Calling the Police. Even if you think you don’t have to, always call the police at the scene of the accident to file an official police report. The report contains important details about the accident and is critical to have if you need to take legal action.
- Don’t Sign Anything from the Adjuster. The adjuster for the other driver only wants to increase their profits, and will try to trick you into accepting a low settlement up front. This will not cover your expenses, and once you sign it, you cannot receive more. Don’t fall for it!
- Don’t Skip Medical Treatment. Even if you think you’re okay, you should see a doctor within 72 hours of an accident. Keep in mind that symptoms may take days to show, and documenting your injuries is crucial evidence.
- Don’t Go It Alone.You may think that you don’t need a lawyer, but an experienced car accident lawyer will fight for your rights. A skilled lawyer knows how to stand up to the insurance company and get you the full compensation you deserve.
What should I do after a car accident?
- Immediately after an accident. After a car accident, it is normal to feel scared or overwhelmed. Above all, it is important that you stay as calm as possible, and stay safe. Remember, you should not try to move your car unless it is blocking traffic. Before exiting your car, make sure to look out for traffic and call the police. If you can, it is helpful to use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene. In the event that there are witnesses, see if you can write down their contact information. It’s extremely important to note that first responders should treat you at the scene if injured.
You should be checked out, because oftentimes symptoms are delayed. If you believe you need medical attention, go to the hospital as soon as possible and carefully follow your doctor’s treatment plan. You should also contact experienced Kansas City car accident lawyers for advice.
- When should I file a report with the police?. If you are in a car accident, you should file a police report immediately after an accident. Ideally, you should file at the scene of the accident. Police reports are important as they provide a thorough documentation of the accident. This report is crucial as it can help strengthen your case if you seek monetary damages from an accident. The police report will include the contact information of the drivers, insurance company information as well as an overview of the car accident.
- What are common car accident injuries? There are various different types of injuries that can occur after a car accident. These injuries can be wminor, severe, or even fatal. For example, common injuries include broken ribs, whiplash and blunt-force trauma. Furthermore, in terms of more severe injuries, these can include concussions, skull fractures, spinal cord damage, herniated disks and traumatic brain injuries.
- How long do I have to file a claim? In Missouri, the statute of limitations for a personal injury or property damage car accident claim is five years. You should contact a skilled car accident attorney for a free consultation. A skilled Kansas City car accident lawyer attorney will work to help you through every step of your case. This is to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, pain and suffering and lost wages.
- What is the average total cost of a car accident? The damages associated with car accidents can be incredibly expensive. In fact, he average cost of property damage from a car accident is about $7,500. Injuries can range from around $61,600 to about $1,130,000 if the injuries were fatal. As a result, it’s important that you contact a skilled car accident attorney. He or she can ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Missouri Car Accident Statistics
Missouri car accidents have increased by 12% from 2019 to 2020, despite less traffic. 67% of those victims were not wearing a seatbelt. The victims could be alive today if it weren’t for reckless driving. Do your part to make Missouri safe. Don’t speed, don’t drink and drive, don’t be distracted. And remember to always wear a seat belt. You can help safe lives.
Where are the most car accidents in Kansas City, Missouri?
According to the Kansas City Police Department 2021 Traffic Summary Report, the following are the top five areas that experience the highest rate of car accidents:
- I-435 and Holmes Road, cause: Lane Merging
- I-70 and I-435, cause: Rear end / Inattention
- 75th Street and Bruce Watkins Drive, cause: Rear end / Inattention
- Bannister Road and I-435, cause: Rear end / Inattention
- I-470 and Blue Ridge Boulevard, cause: Rear end / Inattention
Distracted Driving Know the Risks
- GPS Systems account for more than 200,000 accidents each year.
- Each year, nearly 390,000 car accident injuries as a direct result of using a cell phone.
- 61% of all fatal crashes in the past 5 years were caused by a driver who was lost in thought or daydreaming.
- The chances of getting into a car accident increase by 80% when eating or drinking.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Stand for You
Until it happens to you, you never understand the pressures and pains that come in the aftermath of a serious car accident. At The Goss Law Firm, our car accident lawyers have seen those devastating effects firsthand. This knowledge fuels our compassion—and strengthens our resolve to guide victims and their families through difficult times.
Free consultation: Call or complete the contact form below to learn more about how we can help.
If you or someone you love were injured in a car accident caused by the negligence or carelessness of others, let The Goss Law Firm explain your rights and legal options. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule your free consultation.