Hurt or harmed in a car accident that wasn’t your fault? Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer for Free.
Have you suffered injuries in a car accident that wasn’t your fault? You’re not alone, and we’re here to assist you. If you or a family member has experienced losses from a car accident, our Olathe car accident attorneys are here to rectify the situation. Connect with us for a free consultation by calling (816) 888-5000 or completing the form below.
Experiencing a car crash not of your making can leave you feeling shocked, overwhelmed, and uncertain about the future. Your life changes in a matter of seconds, and coping with medical bills and time away from work while recovering from injuries can be challenging. The good news is you don’t have to face this alone. The compassionate car accident lawyers at The Goss Law Firm are here to support you.
How a Skilled Car Accident Attorney Can Help
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, hiring an attorney is essential to protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve. A skilled attorney can navigate the intricate legal processes, handle negotiations with insurance companies, and ensure you receive fair compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
They possess the expertise to evaluate the full extent of your damages, negotiate effectively with insurance providers, and represent you in court if necessary. Having our dedicated advocates on your side alleviates the burden of dealing with insurance claims and legal complexities, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Olathe Car Accident Attorneys Who Get Results
At The Goss Law Firm, our team of car accident lawyers has assisted numerous individuals and their families in situations similar to yours, ensuring their rights are protected, and rightful compensation is secured after a significant wreck. Our experienced attorneys will manage your insurance claim from start to finish, enabling you to concentrate on your recovery.
While you might be tempted to handle negotiations with insurance companies independently, it’s crucial to understand that these companies often prioritize profit over the well-being of injured accident victims. Their goal is typically to settle with victims quickly, offering settlements well below the true value of a claim. Given that the crash was not your fault, risking an insufficient settlement could jeopardize your ability to cover essential medical expenses and compensate for lost work time.
The Goss Law Firm understands your challenges and is committed to guiding you through the process, tirelessly working to secure the maximum compensation you are entitled to by law. Our knowledgeable Olathe car accident attorneys are ready to protect your rights and help you move forward. Contact us today for a free consultation.
After a car accident, timing is everything. Call us today, speak with an experienced attorney about your situation, and learn how we can help. We are here for you and want to listen to your story and help you navigate this difficult time.
If you have been injured in a car accident through the carelessness or negligence of others, the Goss Law Firm is ready to help. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule a free, no-risk legal consultation.
Kansas Car Accident Statistics: An Overview
- The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) and the Kansas Highway Patrol (KHP) have reported 117 car accident deaths in 2022.
- Excessive speeding led to nearly 5,000 car accidents and 80 deaths in Kansas in 2020.
- 20% of car crashes in Kansas are caused by distracted driving.
What Not to Do After a Car Crash: Common Mistakes
- Don’t skip calling the police. Even if you believe it’s unnecessary, always call the police at the accident scene to file an official police report. The report contains crucial details about the crash and is essential if legal action is required.
- Don’t sign anything from the insurance adjuster. The adjuster for the other driver aims to increase their profits and may try to trick you into accepting a low settlement upfront. Once signed, this will not cover your expenses, and you cannot receive more.
- Don’t skip medical treatment. Even if you feel okay, see a doctor within 72 hours of the accident. Symptoms may take days, and documenting your injuries is vital for evidence.
- Don’t handle your claim alone. While you may think you don’t need a lawyer, an experienced car accident lawyer will protect your rights and fight for the compensation you’re entitled to by law.
8 Steps to Take After a Car Accident
If you’re involved in a car accident in Kansas, follow these steps:
- Ensure safety. Move to a safe location, turn on hazard lights, check for injuries, and call 911 for medical assistance.
- Exchange information. Swap names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance details, and vehicle registration with the other party. Obtain contact information from any witnesses.
- Document the scene. Take photos of the accident, including vehicle damage and relevant road signs or signals. Note the time, date, and location of the accident.
- File a police report. Remember to get the officers’ names and badge numbers.
- Notify your insurance company. Report the accident to your insurance company promptly, providing necessary information and cooperating with their investigation.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured, seeking medical attention is wise. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Follow up. Document all communication with insurance companies, including claim numbers and adjuster information. Follow up with the police for a copy of the accident report.
- Consult with a reputable attorney. Consider consulting with an attorney to understand your rights and options if disputes or complications arise.
Choosing the Right Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case
Selecting the right car accident lawyer is crucial for the best possible outcome. Consider the following tips when choosing a Kansas accident attorney to handle your injury claim:
- Experience in personal injury law. Look for an attorney with significant experience in personal injury law, particularly in car accident cases.
- Reputation and reviews. Research the lawyer’s reputation through online reviews, testimonials, and feedback from previous clients. Seek recommendations within your community or legal circles.
- Track record of success. Assess the lawyer’s history of successful settlements or verdicts in handling car accident cases.
- Specialization. While a general practice attorney may be competent, one specializing in personal injury or car accident cases may have deeper knowledge and expertise.
- Trial experience. A lawyer with trial experience can be beneficial, even if most cases are settled outside of court.
- Local knowledge. A lawyer familiar with local laws and procedures can make a significant difference.
- Free initial consultation. Use this opportunity to discuss your case, evaluate the lawyer’s understanding of your situation, and determine if you feel comfortable working with them.
Common Factors Leading to Serious Car Accidents
Numerous elements can contribute to serious car accidents, often involving a combination of two or more. Some common causes in Kansas include:
Engaging in activities like texting, eating, or applying makeup diverts attention from the road, leading to accidents.
Driving at speeds exceeding posted limits or too fast for road conditions reduces reaction time and escalates the severity of accidents.
Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, increasing the likelihood of severe accidents and criminal charges.
Aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, frequent lane changes, and disregarding traffic signs contribute to accidents with severe consequences.
Adverse weather like rain, snow, ice, or fog can make roads slippery, reducing visibility and elevating the risk of motor vehicle accidents.
Drowsy driving impairs a driver’s ability to focus and react quickly, increasing the risk of accidents.
Running red lights or stop signs
Disregarding traffic signals or signs can result in intersection accidents, often with severe consequences.
Poor road conditions
Potholes, uneven surfaces, and inadequate signage contribute to accidents, especially if drivers are unprepared for such situations.
Mechanical failures like brake malfunctions or tire blowouts can lead to loss of control and severe accidents.
Lack of experience or inadequate training contributes to poor decision-making and an increased risk of accidents, particularly among younger drivers.
Failure to yield the right of way
Accidents often occur when drivers fail to yield as required,
especially when merging onto highways or making left turns.
Addressing these factors can help mitigate the risk of severe car accidents. Drivers must remain vigilant, adhere to traffic laws, and prioritize safety through defensive driving.
The Impact of Drugs and Alcohol in Collisions
The involvement of drugs and alcohol in car accidents is substantial, as substance use impairment can result in severe consequences on the road. The signs of drug and alcohol use in car accidents include:
- Impaired judgment and coordination. Both drugs and alcohol impair a driver’s judgment, coordination, and reaction time, increasing the likelihood of poor decisions and reducing the ability to respond quickly to changing road conditions.
- Resulting fatalities. Alcohol and drug-related accidents are often linked to more severe outcomes, including deaths. Impairment can lead to more violent collisions, and impaired individuals may be less likely to take evasive action to avoid an accident.
- Legal consequences. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a severe offense with legal repercussions. Offenders may face criminal charges, fines, license suspension, and potential imprisonment. These consequences aim to deter individuals from engaging in impaired driving.
- Testing and detection. Law enforcement employs various methods to detect drug and alcohol impairment in drivers. Breathalyzer tests measure blood alcohol concentration (BAC), while drug recognition experts may assess physical symptoms and behaviors indicative of drug use.
It’s important to remember that prevention is possible. Alcohol and drug-related accidents are largely preventable. Public awareness campaigns, stringent law enforcement, and education about the dangers of impaired driving can help reduce the incidence of such accidents.
All drivers on the road must make responsible choices by refraining from driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Additionally, communities and authorities play a crucial role in enforcing and promoting measures to deter impaired driving, working towards reducing the occurrence of drug and alcohol-related car accidents.
You Need Car Accident Lawyers That Won’t Back Down
Understanding the distress and immense pressure that follows a severe car accident is challenging until you experience it firsthand. At The Goss Law Firm, our car accident lawyers have witnessed these devastating effects, fueling our compassion and fortifying our commitment to guiding victims and their families through challenging times.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident due to the negligence or carelessness of others, let The Goss Law Firm clarify your rights and legal options. Our personal injury law firm has decades of experience in litigation and we proudly serve Olathe, KS residents. Call an injury lawyer today at 816-888-5000 to schedule your complimentary consultation.