What Should You Do if You’re in a Hit and Run Accident?

What Should You Do if You’re in a Hit and Run Accident?

When you’re out driving, the last thing you want to happen is to be in a car accident. But what happens if the other driver hits you, and speeds off?

Let’s take a closer look at what you should do after a hit and run.

1) Call the Police

A hit and run accident is a crime. You should call the police after an accident to ensure they can investigate.

2) Find Witnesses

If there were any witnesses to the accident, you should track them down and retrieve their contact information.

3) Record Details

If possible, write down all of the details you remember about the car such as the make and model, color and license plate.

4) Document the Scene

Take pictures of your car, focusing on the areas that were damaged as evidence.

5) Seek Medical Treatment

If you were injured, you should go to the doctor as soon as possible for a physician to access your injuries and start you on a treatment plan.

6) Call an Experienced Lawyer

If you were seriously injured in an accident, you should contact a lawyer to help ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.

If you have Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist policy, (UM/UIM) this coverage can protect you in a hit and run accident. A skilled lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company to help you receive full compensation for your injuries.

Your Kansas City Lawyers Are Here to Help

If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in an accident, call the Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyers at the Goss Law Firm at 816-888-5000 to speak about your situation for a free.

When you call, an experienced lawyer will listen to your story, answer any questions you may have and provide legal advice to help you during this difficult time.

There is never a fee for the initial consultation. Our compassionate team is dedicated to protecting your rights and helping you move forward with your life. Give us a call today.

The Goss Law Firm — Your Kansas City Personal Injury Attorneys