Why Should I Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
Suppose you have been hurt in an accident caused by another’s recklessness. In that case, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim. Many people try to settle their claims on their own. However, an experienced lawyer can be a valuable asset in many ways during this stressful time.
Does My Situation Require An Attorney?
No two injuries or accidents are the same. Some may be more complex than others. However, the scenarios surrounding them are almost always unique to the client. Here are examples of when you should hire a personal injury lawyer:
- You are seriously injured and may suffer permanent damage
- Wrongful death caused by the negligence of someone else’s actions.
- The insurance company is denying, devaluing or delaying your claim.
- The other driver didn’t have insurance (or enough insurance)
- A medical professional made a mistake
- Nursing home staff neglected or abused you or a loved one
- You were hurt at work, and the workers’ compensation doesn’t seem fair
- You slipped and fell on someone else’s property, and you’ll miss work or need expensive medical care
Reasons Why Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered an injury, hiring a lawyer to represent you could make a significant difference to your case. It’s essential to consider the benefits of having one on your side before deciding to file your claim on your own. If you are on the fence about contacting an attorney, keep reading.
- They Have Experience With Similar Claims. An experienced lawyer will be able to answer any questions or concerns during this difficult time in your life. Your attorney will serve as your confidant and trusted ally during the claims process. Your lawyer will also have the ability to handle the complicated legal process for you, such as filing your personal injury claim, documenting the accident or injuries, and proving negligence.
- They’ll Save You From Making Errors. Small mistakes easily compromise personal injury claims. A lawyer will make sure you correctly complete the required legal procedures the first time around. Avoiding mistakes while filing your claim could eliminate back and forth between you and the insurance company, creating a more efficient legal process.
- You’ll Level the Playing Field. Adjusters have the best interest of the insurance companies and will offer a low-ball settlement. A skilled attorney knows all of the strategies they use and can help ensure that you are not being manipulated into getting less than what you deserve.
- They Have The Knowledge And Ability To Win In Court. Hiring an attorney shows the insurance company that you have the ability to go to court. In many cases, the ability to go to trial is enough to convince an insurance company to offer a more considerable settlement amount.
- Your Settlement Will Be Higher. People who hire a personal injury lawyer statistically receive more money in their settlement. Even after paying lawyer fees, victims still walk away with more money than they probably would have by trying to settle their claim on their own.
- They Give You Peace of Mind. Sometimes, accidents may result in post-traumatic stress and intense emotional trauma. Following up on personal injury claims at such a time may be very stressful. A personal injury lawyer will handle all the complicated aspects of your claim so you can put all your focus on getting better.
When Should I Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
It’s advised to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident or injury occurs. This way, an attorney can begin investigating right away and guide you on how to handle the insurance companies. Personal injury claims aren’t settled overnight. Generally, it takes several months or more for a settlement and even longer if you go to trial.
Don’t let the insurance companies discourage you from talking to a personal injury lawyer by saying the process will be complicated and drawn out. You deserve the medical care you need to get better and be fully and fairly compensated for all of your losses.
Act Now to Avoid Losing Your Rights to Compensation
Don’t wait too long to contact a personal injury lawyer about your case. There are statutes of limitations that set deadlines for filing a personal injury lawsuit. Missing this deadline means you may lose your legal rights to compensation.
If you or someone you love have suffered a serious personal injury caused by others’ negligence or carelessness, let the Goss Law Firm explain your rights and legal options. Call us today at 816-888-5000 to schedule your free consultation.